New Zealand’s Best New Car Warranty
We wouldn’t be offering a warranty like this if we didn’t have faith in the reliability of your Mitsubishi. Every petrol (excluding EVO) and diesel vehicle comes with a 10 year or 160,000km¹ Powertrain Warranty², a 5 year or 130,000km¹ New Vehicle Warranty²and 5 year Roadside Assist².
10 year/160,000km Powertrain Warranty
Mitsubishi’s 10 year or 160,000km¹ Powertrain Warranty²also applies on the following components:
- Transmission/transaxle (auto/manual)
- 4WD transfer case
- Propeller shaft
- Drive shafts and axles
Subject to free evaluation at your Mitsubishi Motors dealer prior to 60 months of ownership.
1. Whichever comes first, 2. Non transferable
5 year/130,000km New Vehicle Warranty
- Bumper to bumper 5-year or 130,000km¹ New Vehicle Warranty²
- Applies to all new passenger and light commercial vehicles
Subject to free evaluation at your Mitsubishi Motors dealer prior to 36 months of ownership.
1. Whichever comes first, 2. Non transferable
Terms and conditions
NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY
Your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer will repair or replace without charge:
- any part of your Mitsubishi Motors vehicle that becomes defective; or
- any surface of the vehicle perforated by corrosion; as a result of faulty workmanship or materials used in its manufacture (manufacturing defect) in accordance with the terms set out below.
- is effective for 36 months from the date of original purchase or date of first registration, or until the vehicle has travelled 130,000kms, whichever occurs first.
- also extends to any subsequent owner during the warranty period, with the exception of Paint, Panel and Trim.
- will be honoured by any authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer in New Zealand.
- is in addition to all rights conferred by law.
Your Warranty may be extended under certain conditions as detailed at the end of this statement.
Your Mitsubishi Motors Dealer will be liable under this warranty only if:
- your vehicle is maintained and operated in accordance with your Service Plan Booklet and the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- your vehicle is not misused or neglected.
- all maintenance and repairs to your vehicle are performed by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet.
- you notify an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet of the manufacturing defect as soon as you become aware of it and within the warranty period.
- after becoming aware of a manufacturing defect you take your vehicle to an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet for repair as soon as possible.
- you only use fuels, lubricants, fluids and parts which are approved by Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand Limited.
These conditions will continue to apply if the warranty is extended as detailed at the end of this statement.
Your warranty is void if:
- the odometer in the vehicle has been tampered with or disconnected.
- the vehicle has previously been deregistered.
Your warranty does not cover:
- maintenance services listed in your vehicle’s Service Plan Booklet.
- normal service items (such as, but not limited to: lubricants, filters, brake linings and pads, bulbs, spark plugs, glow plugs, injectors, wheel alignments and wheel balancing) unless a manufacturing defect is evident.
- repairs or replacements necessary as a result of wear and tear such as but not limited to clutches, drive belts, exhaust silencers, tyres, carpets, alloy wheel finishes or seat covers, unless a manufacturing defect is evident.
- indirect or consequential losses or expenses such as loss of use, damage to property or person or expenses for tolls, travel, hire and accommodation.
- accessories not part of the vehicle at the time of manufacture.
- damage caused by accident, collision, fire, flood, chemicals, industrial fall-out, hail, salt, sand, stones, or environmental elements.
These exceptions will continue to apply if the warranty is extended as detailed at the end of this statement.
Except where the purchaser has acquired the vehicle for the purposes of a “business” as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in this statement shall affect the rights of the purchaser under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the purchaser has acquired the vehicle for business purposes.
ROADSIDE ASSIST BENEFITS
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, your Mitsubishi Motors service outlet provides aprompt service to minimise disruptions. Further details are set out in the Service Plan and Warranty Booklet.
If your vehicle cannot be used as a result of breakdown covered by your warranty, your Mitsubishi Motors service outlet will:
- refund the towing costs to the nearest authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet once the repair is completed.
- if repairs cannot be completed the same day, arrange appropriate alternative transport to a maximum value of $300.00, or accommodation to a maximum value of $350.00 while repairs are being carried out.
24 hour assistance: if for any reason you need to contact Customer Support Staff please call toll free 0800 806 661.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
Subject to the additional conditions, your warranty will be valid for a total of 60 months from the original date of purchase or until the vehicle has traveled a maximum of 130,000kms whichever occurs first
Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist benefits continue for this extension period for the original owner.
This extended 60 month / 130,000km (whichever comes first) warranty is available only:
- to the original purchaser of the vehicle and is valid only for the period of time that the vehicle is owned by the original purchaser. This warranty extension is not transferable to any subsequent owner/s.
- if all scheduled maintenance services have been completed by an authorized Mitsubishi Motors service outlet
- if a vehicle inspection to validate the warranty extension is carried out by an authorized Mitsubishi Motors service outlet within the last 3 months prior to the expiry of the standard warranty.
The conditions for the standard warranty apply to this 60 month /130,000km (whichever comes first) warranty also.
Your extended 60 month / 130,000km (whichever comes first) warranty does not cover batteries, tyres, air conditioning compressor and air conditioning system maintenance, all fuel injection equipment and components for both diesel and petrol fuel systems and all accessories fitted at time of purchase.
The exceptions for the standard warranty apply to this 60 month /130,00km (whichever comes first) warranty also.
10 YEAR POWERTRAIN WARRANTY
Subject to the additional conditions, your powertrain warranty will be valid for a total of 120 months from the original date of purchase or until the vehicle has traveled a total of 160,000kms (whichever occurs first).
Powertrain: refers to the major internal mechanical components that comprise the engine, gearbox, transfer box and differentials. It includes the engine block and its internal components such as crankshaft, pistons and rings, bearings, con-rods, camshafts, rocker arms, balance shafts and oil pumps, cylinder head and valves. For the gearbox / transmission / differential it includes the case, gears, torque converter, bearings, wet clutch packs, viscous control units and integrated Electronic Control Units.
This powertrain warranty is not a mechanical insurance policy and should not be interpreted as such.
This powertrain warranty is available only:
- to the original purchaser of the vehicle and is valid only for the period of time that the vehicle is owned by the original purchaser. The driveline warranty extension offer is not transferable to any subsequent owner/s.
- if all scheduled maintenance services have been completed by an authorized Mitsubishi Motors service outlet.
- if a vehicle inspection to validate the warranty extension is carried out within the last 3 months prior to the expiry of the 60 month/ 130,000kms (whichever comes first) warranty period.
The conditions for the standard warranty apply to this powertrain warranty also.
Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist is not included during the term of the term of the 120 month / 160,000km (whichever comes first) warranty period.
Your powertrain warranty does not cover:
- any part of the vehicle not classified as powertrain.
- all clutch components, driveshaft boots, universal and constant velocity joints.
- all water pumps, turbochargers, cambelts, timing chains, steering, suspension, brake components, service items, or normal wear and tear for age, distance and condition.
The exceptions to the standard warranty apply to this powertrain warranty also.